Caleb is my second of three children. He was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes at the age of three in January 2007. He has used the OmniPod Insulin Management System since April 2007 and the DexCom Continuos Glucose Monitor since September 2009.
Shipments will begin October 22nd and price is $299. Prescription is not needed.
SAN DIEGO–(BUSINESS WIRE)– Dexcom, Inc. (NASDAQ:DXCM), a leader in continuous glucose monitoring (CGM) for patients with diabetes, announced today that it has received U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approval for its CGM remote mobile communications device: Dexcom SHARE. Dexcom SHARE, an accessory to the Dexcom G4® PLATINUM Continuous Glucose Monitoring System, uses a secure wireless connection to transmit the glucose levels of a person with diabetes to the smartphones of up to five designated recipients, or “followers.” These followers can remotely monitor a patient’s glucose information and receive alert notifications from almost anywhere via their Apple® iPhone® or iPod® touch. With Dexcom SHARE, parents and personal caregivers can monitor a child’s or loved one’s glucose data from a remote location, giving them peace of mind and reassurance when they are apart. “Dexcom SHARE represents a significant advance in diabetes care by allowing people with diabetes to share important glucose information with their loved ones from afar,” said Terrance H. Gregg, Chief Executive Office of Dexcom. “With Dexcom SHARE, users, parents and personal caregivers now have a new tool to dramatically improve how they communicate about their diabetes.”
From the DexCom Store:
- #Nightscout | The New Rig #WeAreNotWaiting #CGMinTheCloud
- #Nightscout | The first two weeks #CGMinTheCloud #WeAreNotWaiting
- Nightscout | Getting Started #wearenotwaiting #cgminthecloud
- What’s in the bag and what isn’t
- The New Dia Bag – CMC Urban Pack | PDM Carrying Case
- In the Middle #backtoschool
- #Dexcom Investor Call #CGM Q4 2013
- #DexCom files for Smartphone Patent | #CGM
- Holidays and Diabetes | Guest Post Accu-Check Diabetes Link